Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our New Ward!

We have started going to our new ward and we both love it! Everyone is so nice and we already have callings. I am teaching CTR 5 and Cory is an assistant scout master. We are both very excited. I taught my first lesson last week and it was an adventure. I kept having to move them around during sharing time because they are very chatty but in the end I had the most reverent class. Yay me! J My nephew is in the class and he asked if he could sit in my lap and I said sure. Well, about 5 minutes later his little best friend tapped me on the shoulder and said “Sister Barber (who was their teacher last year) let two sit in her lap.” I got the hint and had two sitting in my lap through the rest of sharing time. J Class did not go quiet as well as I had hoped. I have learned quickly that to them class time means “freedom” so we are going to be having more active lessons from now on so hopefully I can actually teach them something. J I only teach every other week so I can get to know the sisters in Relief Society which is really nice. The girl I team teach with is new as well and her family will be here until May when her husband finishes a program at Fort Jackson. So after that I will be on my own. I am a little afraid of that but I also have a feeling I am really going to miss them next week.
Cory absolutely loves being involved with the scouts. He earned his Eagle when he was in scouts so he has the benefit of “been there, done that.” I think he is most excited about the camping trips. He has scouts on Wednesdays and then plays basketball, which I love because it gives me a chance to do all the girly things like watch chick flicks and organize things that I miss. It is very hard to do anything in our two tiny rooms when we are both there. I am so ready for February 6th to get here I don’t know what to do!
It is also nice being in the same ward with Cory’s brother and sister in law. Jenn is in primary with me and Mike is an assistant scout master with Cory so it is very fun. They have been so good about introducing us to new people and having us over all the time. We are definitely blessed to have them!
We went to the Elders Quorum social at the weekend and it was so much fun. We ate Barbeque and played games. It was very yummy and fun! It was so nice to meet more people from our ward and spend time with the people we already know! I am looking forward to many more exciting times there!
Here are a few snapshots from the Elders Quorum social:

It was really hard to run straight after all that spinning!

My nephew doing his crazy dance moves!

Mike and Trevor running the three legged race!


Steve and Cory in the saltines eating contest.



2 comments:

State of Grace said...

YAY! what a nice surprise, to log on to my blog, and see an update from you!! I love that you love your ward (even if it isn't MY ward! haha) and i'm glad you get to experience the joys of Primary. I swear I cannot help but feel the Spirit every week when those children sing Primary songs. (even if sometimes it borders on yelling, more than singing...)

love you, sugabean!

State of Grace said...

oh...and ps...i LOVE your header and blog layout. (whoever is your photographer?? haha)