Sunday, November 28, 2010
1. My husband and our almost one year of marriage. He really is amazing and I'm not just saying that because he's my husband. He gave a talk in church today and listening to him speak about the gospel and bear his testimony I felt so proud and blessed to have such a wonderful man for my husband.
2. My crazy, funny, awesome family. They really are all those things and I love them.
3. My Heavenly Father who loves me unconditionally and truly answers my prayers.
4. My silly puppies who always keep me laughing at their antics. I have a lab that points.
5. My sweet primary class. I never knew 5 year olds could be so smart. They have taught me so much and I am dreading giving them up at the end of the year.
6. My friends who just "get me."
7. Prayer. Can't say how much I love talking to my Heavenly Father.
8. My Savior who makes overcoming my mistakes and shortcomings so much easier.
9. Our jobs. Cory and I are both so blessed to have jobs in our fields that we enjoy. And coworkers who make us laugh.
10. The home we have built together. I love filling this house with memories and turning it into a home.
And so so many more!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Mine has onions, artichoke and mozerella cheese. Cory added olives to his.
Friday, November 5, 2010
As an aunt of 11 for 11 months today, I know a lot about kids. Really. Well, maybe not a lot but definitely something. So here it goes, just for you, Na: Everything you need to know about kids in one blog post or less!
1. First things first. Babies are adorable.
Everyone needs to know how much more adorable yours is than any other baby they ever imagined. You are lucky that you are already a professional photographer; that will make this one easier. You must be ready AT ALL TIMES to take a picture when they do something cute. I know what you are thinking, "what about actually enjoying those cute moments naturally when they come?" Terrible thing to think. What is the point of babies doing something cute if you can't post it on your blog later for EVERYONE to enjoy?
2. What's mine is mine; what's yours is mine too.
This is the baby mantra. It starts young. First they just go for little things like earrings or necklaces(nevermind you are wearing them), but they move to larger items very quickly. You should be careful how far you let this go, or she may turn out like this kid...
Notice the stolen shoes and obvious casing of the TV...
3. Privacy: Forget about it.
Kids have basically no concept of the word privacy. You are in the bathroom. They think "Who cares, I'm hungry!" Very inconsiderate. Babies are the worst about this, but it doesn't stop when they get older. That pile of laundry you were planning to wash? Nope. That is now dress up.
4. Kids like to laugh.
So you need to know what is funny. Luckily, I have discovered the answer to this through my rigorous research.
5. Kids are nosey.
They are always listening. You may be trying to have a private conversation, but if there is a kid within a mile radius, it's not happening. Who cares that they think you are the most interesting person they know? It's just rude.
So there you have it, my list of the 5 most import things to know about kids. ;)
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
We have been having so much fun lately! Things have been busy, but definitely fun too! We had a great Halloween weekend going to a party with our ward friends as Charlie Brown and Lucy. Then drove to Georgetown to spend some time with my family and have some of my Papa's famous Catfish Stew followed by trick or treating with our super cute nephews! I felt like I needed a 10 hour nap by the end of everything, but it was definitely worth it! :)