Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Watts Cooking

I am a huge believer that our ancestors play a huge part in who their decendants become. Not like predetermination or anything, but just that them having a certain strong characteristic makes it easier for their decendants to develop that same characteristic. The more I learn about my ancestors and myself, the more I realize how similiar we are. In my life, it just makes sense and I kind of like it. I have always had a strong sense of who I am and who I want to be and learning about the amazing women in my family before me gives me some clues as to why that is. One thing I know I got from my grandmothers and mother is a love of cooking. I can remember being a littel girl and helping my Grandmomma make pickles (the only kind of pickles I have ever liked and I have yet to taste any similar) and loving my Granny's country cooking. I now have my very own kitchen and a husband who loves to try new things and am loving it! I try old and new recipies, yummy health food and delicious desserts. Basically, if it sounds good or interesting, I'll cook it. So I have decided to start posting some of my favorites on here.
First up are Pita Pizzas I made us for dinner the other day. They are REALLY simple and so yummy! All you do is take a pita (I used whole wheat) spread 1/4 cup of marinara sauce over it (I like Newman's Own) and add your favorite toppings. Pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and you're done! It was so nice because Cory and I have some different tastes when it comes to what we like on pizza and this way we both get to have it just how we like it. It was so easy we made extras to take for lunch. Check it out!

Mine has onions, artichoke and mozerella cheese. Cory added olives to his.

1 comment:

mary had a... said...

i'm with ya on this one ;) i too love to hear about my great grands and how we are similar. i blogged a while ago about my third great grandpa and how he liked to 'script' as do i! he was even asked to write out his classmate's graduation certificates because of his fine penmanship! it IS wonderful knowing who we are and where we come from!