Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Where are YOU?

Right now my husband is out helping someone move. I was upstairs reading Pride and Prejudice when he got the call from his EQ president and when he came up to tell me, I must admit I was disappointed. Even though we weren't having "together time" the realization that it wouldn't be a possibility for the next few hours was not at all pleasing. Kind of funny how that works. At least I was able to finish my book, which only gets better each time I read it. Between readings I somehow forget the small things that make me love their story so much. It is nice to rediscover them.

Cory has never been to the apartments where this couple is moving so he had me tell him how I would go there before he left. It is a little ironic that someone who is so terrible with directions is married to a geographer who creates maps for the highway department. :) When he got into his car, he also plugged it into my GPS, which I have really lost ownership of at this point, and calls me when it tells him to go a different route than the one I gave him before he left. After assuring him that the route given by the GPS would take him where he wanted to go just as well, I told him to have fun and hung up. When I called about 15 minutes later to make sure he had gotten there okay (this is the man who once drove all the way to orangeburg trying to get home from the Fort Jackson building) I didn't get an answer. Immediately I know that he put his phone in the cupholder after we hung up and didn't think to put it back in his pocket when he got out of the car. How do I know this, you ask? Well, lets just say I have shed a few tears worrying over not being able to reach him after he assured me I would be able to only to be told "Sorry babe, I left my phone in the car." The fact that I really didn't need anything doesn't matter at that point. It bothers me that IF I needed to reach him, I couldn't. Silly, I know. It is strange what being so connected to another person will do to you. You think you are a totally independent person and then bam! a huge amount of your happiness depends on another person and how "reachable" they are! :)

No comments: