Thursday, June 10, 2010

Discoveries

I have boxes of my things still in the garage. This drives my poor husband nuts because that garage is "his place." After my repeated evasions from coming outside to unpack them, he has started bring boxes inside for me to look through. This is quite a challenge because I literally keep everything that has ever meant something to me in my life. Just tonight I uncovered some very sweet birthday cards from Cory, thank you notes from friends, letters from missionaries, and even some quotes on marriage I collected. Two of the quotes were from President and Sister Hinkley and they were just so sweet I had to share.

"I like this man a lot, but I like him sometimes a lot more than others."
-Sister Hinkley
I admit I feel this way myself sometimes.

"As I held her hand and saw mortal life drain from her fingers, I confess I was overcome. Before I married her, she had been the girl of my dreams, to use the words of a song then popular. She was my dear companion for more than two-thirds of a century, my equal before the Lord, really my superior. And now in my old age, she has again become the girl of my dreams."
President Gordon B. Hinkley
I will further admit that this makes me cry every time I read it, but I hope I am blessed with a love like that. It may take two-thirds of a century or more but I have a feeling we've made a good start. :)

No comments: