Thursday, April 5, 2012

PINK!

When I was in college, I was a nanny for a little girl.  She was so cute and every day I came over she was dressed in pink.  For some reason, this drove me nuts.  I have never been a big fan of pink. Seriously, my brothers may have more pink items of clothing than I do!  I never wanted pink things for my room or pretty pink bows or any of that.  I guess that is what comes of spending your childhood building forts and mud pies with your little brother.  Anyway, I felt so badly for this little girl always being dressed in pink that I would change her into one of her very few non-pink outfits after I fed her lunch each day.  It was my own little battle against the pink.
Before Lydia Jane was born, I was again thinking about this terrible pink!  I just knew it was going to be everywhere and I would hate it!  Imagine my surprise now that she is here and I LOVE pink!  I have ordered pink clothes for myself, added more pink to her nursery, bought her more pink clothes.  Pink, pink, pink!  As I type this I am wearing a pink sweater drinking water out of a cup with a pink straw!  What has happened to me?! I may have won some battles all those years ago, but I think pink has beaten me in the war...




Hooray for pink!

No comments: