Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Book Worm Wednesday: Kid Edition!

So I have decided this week shall be about some of my favorite children's books.  It seemed only fitting with my pregnancy announcement and I have lots of love for books for children.  I'm going to keep it to just a couple tonight because I could go on forever and this girls needs her sleep!

For the Babies:
Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton
I love anything by Sandra Boynton.  The illustrations are adorable and the stories are so simple and cute.  I really love how her books give parents and their little ones something to connect over.  I try to include one of them in all of my baby shower gifts.

For Someone with the Grumpies:
What Are You so Grumpy About? by Ton Lichtenheld
Everything about this book makes me laugh.  The illustrations are great and there are tons of little funny asides.  For example "Did your brother or sister TOUCH you???" with a picture of a finger touching an arm "enlarged to show full grossness."  Hilarious and guaranteed to solve the grumpies in someone of any age.

Both of these books are in my personal collection and I can't wait to share them with our baby whenever he or she arrives.  Books were such a huge part of my childhood and I can't wait to share that with our little one!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Barnyard Dance is a regular in our home. You can't help but dance a little while you read :)