Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More Positive Thoughts

I had written a few more posts about my first trimester before the one I posted this morning.  I was ready to write about everything, but just not in a way that was anywhere near positive and I just could not subject the world at large to my unhappy ramblings.  Especially when I am really very happy, just not when I think about my first trimester. :)  So now THAT post is out of the way, I am excited to start talking happy baby thoughts!  Here are just a few anecdotes from pregnancy thus far...

The BELLY
Cory wants my belly to be huge and he wants it to happen yesterday.  That has been his biggest complaint about my pregnancy by far:  "Your belly isn't big enough!"  After I fix my plate, he is constantly adding things to it, which unfortunately I know I won't be able to eat.  I rarely am able to finish a meal these days.  But I suppose it is nice to have a husband so supportive of my "baby fat." haha.

What's in a NAME?
Want to start world war three in our house?? Just ask what we are naming this child.  We can't agree on ANYTHING.  I keep saying we are just going to call him or her "baby" until he or she is old enough to decide what they want to be called.

My PRECIOUS
The baby has several nick names so far, but my boss calls him or her "Precious." I happened to say one day how I think it is crazy that people think just because there is a baby in the same room/store/ect. they have a right to touch it.  Being born in the winter means my baby is going to be hands off for sure.  I am already practicing my evil eye to discourage any well meaning Grannies thinking of touching my baby with their germ filled hands.  Maybe this is a little extreme, but that is how I feel.  Hands off my baby!

It ate my BRAIN
Speaking of nicknames, I most often refer to our little munchkin as "Zombie Baby" because he or she has eaten my brain.  I seriously can't think like I used to.  I feel like such a dummy sometimes and just say "Zombie Baby strikes again!"

I'm feeling FRUITY
My appetite has been really spotty.  A lot of the time it hard to eat anything.  It's not that the food tastes bad, I just can't make myself eat it.  Meat is the worst. I have already said my child may be a vegetarian.  There is one exception to this:  fruit.  For example, today I have eaten 3 plums and will probably eat a 4th before the night is over.  No matter how I'm feeling, I can always eat it and it has been so awesome to have "that thing" I can always eat.

I was going to try and get some fun images for this but yikes. Google image searches are dangerous. Whatever you do, DO NOT google image search "zombie baby." I thought they may have a cute cartoon or something but now I feel totally disturbed. I think a Jane Austen movie may be in order.

No comments: