Thursday, July 7, 2011

Independence Day!

For the weekend of the Fourth, Cory and I drove down to Georgetown Friday after work to stay a few days with my grandparents before our big Thompson family Fourth of July get together.  We had a lot of fun visiting with my grandparents and Cory was great at helping Papa get things done around the river house.  I was mainly there for moral support. :)  I did learn how to "look peas" though. For those who have never lived in the country, it is pretty self explanatory: you have to look over all the peas to make sure there are no worm holes.  If there are, you have to throw them out.  I wasn't bad but from the look on Nana's face when she saw how much I had left after a couple of hours, I'm very slow.  There were still plenty for a very yummy dinner though!  
My parents had to pick up my youngest brother from EFY on Saturday but they came down on Sunday after church.  It was really good to see them and Sunday afternoon Cory, Zach, my Dad and I went downtown to take a walk on the boardwalk.  It was lot of fun.   
We ran into this guy:
 Shoot 'em! 
 My dad and Cory chillin' on the boardwalk.
 Very cool generation totem pole.

On Monday we had our annual get together.  Papa grilled out and we got to visit and play in the river.  So much fun!
 Fabulous RyRy and Ben.  I'm so happy I caught his laughing face. :)
 Kelli and her neice Ava.  She is just precious.
 Vannah is getting pretty good at the "jump and smile"
 Grace too.
 Me and Zach.  This is literally take 10.  He kept making me redo it until he looked "the best." 16 year olds...
 Joe and his baby girls.
 Me and my love. :)
How I convinced him to take this picture, the world may never know.  He hates to smile.

After our fun day at the river we came home and headed out to Sandhills to meet some friends from our ward to watch fireworks and get dinner.  When it started pouring rain an hour before they were due to start, we decided we had had enough and headed home.  I have to say I was little glad because it was SO hot and I was exhausted.  We just enjoyed the firework noises from the comfort of our own home. :)

No comments: