Sunday, March 4, 2012

Come What May and Love It

Tonight, we had a special stake meeting.  A new ward was created in our stake and the boundaries of our ward were redrawn in a major way.  As in about half of our ward is now gone, including our bishop who was released today.  Talk about a knock out punch.  Out of our presidency in young womens, I am the only one who is left in the ward and I don't have a clue if I will be called back to YW or to something different.  We are sharing our building with the newly created ward which means we will move to 11am church.  It also means we will still see some of our old members which is a bonus.  I never realized how much shake up there is when creating a new ward.  It is pretty crazy.
I can still remember the first time we met our bishop at a softball game and he told us how much we would love the Windsor Lake ward.  He wasn't wrong.  I have loved being in this ward and even with all the changes, I'm still going to love it.  As hard as it is to see so many people I've come to love so much leave our ward, I know the Lord's hand is in it.  These are just growing pains.  I truly feel that in my heart.  I know the Lord has broken us down so we can build ourselves back up even stronger than before.  Our ward may be a lot smaller than before but it won't be that way for long. There are so many people he is preparing to accept the gospel into their lives.  It is a blessing that he trusts us to be the ones to find them.
I am reminded of the words of Elder Wirthlin, "Come what may and love it."  I know that is the way to happiness.  

1 comment:

State of Grace said...

craziness!! But, yay, that your ward was big enough to split! That is a awesome thing!
And, that wirthlin is one of my all time favorites.