Saturday, March 17, 2012

My First Week of Work

I think my first week went pretty well, all things considered.  I went to bed later than I wanted to, woke up later than I planned, didn't get everything on my list accomplished but managed not to cry at work. I consider that a success!
I have a digital picture frame with pictures of Lydia Jane on it playing throughout the day which I love.  It also distracts me from work quite frequently.  You would think I'm accustomed to how cute she is by now, but no. Cory and I still say to each other "That is the cutest baby!" quite frequently. Pumping is going well so far.  I have a comfortable place to pump and while it takes a little longer than I anticipated, it's fine.
I feel very blessed that my mom is able to watch Lydia Jane most days.  I know she really could not be in better hands.  Cory's sister Katherine being able to watch her on Fridays is another blessing.  She could not love our girl any more.  This past Friday I don't think she did anything other than hold Lydia Jane.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to do that all day. :)
With all the good things there are still some challenges but that's okay.  I have realized that expecting everything to be perfect all the time bring nothing but unhappiness.  I know it will get better and easier.  We will get in a routine eventually but even then not everything is going to workout every day.  I'm learning that rolling with the punches comes with the territory of being a mom.  I will just continue counting my blessings that I have a family and job that I love and enjoy.

No comments: