Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I have become the annoying version of myself

I am moody. 
I cry at episodes of the The Office.  Really?  It is supposed to make me laugh! 
I try to think about things other than the baby, but it is sort of impossible.  This thing is controlling my life at this point so it is hard not to talk/think about it 24/7.
I snap at my husband for stupid reasons.  Like when he accidentally knocks something out of my hand.  I know this is an accident.  I tell myself not to snap.  I still snap.
I get way annoyed at people for the simplest things.  I may have given someone the evil eye on my way to work this morning for looking at me.  It's that bad.
I want everything my way.  Especially when it comes to the baby.  My clothes don't fit.  I can't wear my wedding rings because I'm suddenly allergic.  I have to take what feels like a million medicines a day.  Let me decorate the nursery how I want, dang it!
In my rare moments of sanity, I realize I am probably the most annoying person on the planet.  Please pray for my husband.

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Yes! It may sound creepy, but I have been checking back all day to see if you had a new post yet! I just knew it would be today ;)

And i'm so glad I saw this. Sorry for your frustrations, but it is so nice to know I'm not the only crazy pregnant woman out there! I do have some advice, which you don't have to listen to, but.... I think about our baby all the time, too. I have to stop myself from talking about her 24/7! I made a playlist of songs that remind me of her or being a mommy, and listening to it has really helped me deal with my insanity. It gives clarity and focus to my thoughts that I can't give them. So I listen to it no matter what I'm doing :)

Hope you find something that helps you focus your energy!

Niki said...

Emily, I've been meaning to tell you I love the way you describe pregnancy. I honestly thought I had the worst pregnancy known to man-kind, and couldn't figure out why no one else seemed quite as sickly. It's all worth it, blah, blah, blah, but it's hard. And you describe it very well. You at least describe what us sickly girls go through. I'm quite jealous of those "don't feel a thing" girls.