Friday, August 19, 2011

One Day, This Will Be a Really Funny Story

A couple nights ago, the Grape Juice Fiasco happened.  I won't go into details (if you really want to know, ask my mother in law, she loves telling the story) but suffice to say my baby controlled body does not like grape juice and therefore said grape juice ended up all over my house.  Yikes.  It was terrible but my husband was an absolute champ.  He cleaned up everything after wiping up my tears, telling me I was still cute (he is such a liar, but a lovable one), and sending me to the shower.   My dad, who was already planning to stay the night, arrived not long after I got in the shower and helped him.  Do I not have the best men in my life ever?!  I definitely think so.  When all the clean up was done and we were sitting in the den chatting, my dad said "Well, one day this will be a really funny story."  I just had to laugh because he was totally right and I feel like that statement pretty much applies to everything with this pregnancy so far.  It wasn't fun at the time, but I'm thankful I'm a person who can laugh at myself eventually.  And now I have plenty of stories ready for the baby about all the trouble he or she caused even before they were born and the wonderful dad (and grandad) they have that took care of me through it all. 
I have also learned a lot about the gospel and my own faith through this pregnancy.   It has been an extremely emotional ride from the very beginning full of highs and lows, but then that's how life is.  We can't be happy all the time.  Things won't always go the way we want them to.  Grape juice fiascos hit all of us sometime. :)  The trick is learning to cheerfully endure all the bad stuff until we move past it and onto better things.  So until the day I'm holding a little baby in my arms who is going to make all of this worth it, I'm just going to laugh and say "One day, this will all be a funny story." :)

***

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry.  I prefer to laugh.  Crying gives me a headache."
-Marjorie Pay Hinckley

2 comments:

State of Grace said...

haha..reminds me of my 'pasta fiasco'. Luckily for me, though...that doesn't stain. HA! I'm sorry Baby W doesn't like Grape juice. We will change his/her mind soon enough! Love you, Em!

Susannah said...

1: are you keeping a pregnancy journal or writing to your baby? It'll be fun to read through those stories together one day! Maybe if you have a girl and she is going through her own pregnancy fiascos!
2: a great friend of mine is also pregnant and said to her hubby "this is so uncomfortable, but im still so happy." pretty much sums it up!