Friday, September 23, 2011

Baby Playlist #1

Since I made this a few weeks ago, there are already several I want to change.  Some of my choices seem downright weird to me now, but they make me happy all the same.  I'm planning to make another once we find out boy or girl.  Most of them are love songs because I feel like a huge part of pregnancy is falling in love with the little baby you are growing.  Some of them just make me laugh and dance.  Others have helped me through the hard days.  It really is a big mix, but I feel like it represents how I've felt pretty accurately as well.


The House that Built Me- Miranda Lambert: This song represents how I feel about the home I grew up in and I hope Cory and I are doing a good job building that place for our little baby.


Haven’t Met You Yet- Michael Buble: Already I’m so in love with someone I haven’t met.

Dancing With Myself- Billy Idol: Dancing to this song just makes me happy. Can’t wait to embarrass the munchkin…

Fireflies- Owl City: Being pregnant is sort of like being in an alternate universe. I feel like this song represents that well.

Obsessed- Mariah Carey: Sorry baby, I’m so obsessed with you.

I’ve Got You Under My Skin- Michael Buble- This is the kind of thing I find humorous.

I Can Transform Ya- Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne: Personally, I don’t think any mix is complete without Lil Wayne, especially when he says: “Hey Little Momma, I can transform ya.” I have definitely been transformed.

Baby- Justin Bieber: The chorus of this song appears in my head all the time. Also, I've become slightly obsessed with Justin Bieber.  Don't judge me.

Can’t Help Falling in Love- UB40: Love the vibe of this song and I can’t help falling in love with our little munchkin!

Feeling Good- Michael Buble: Obviously, I really like Michael Buble. Also, this is my favorite “feel good” song. It reminds me I do feel good sometimes.

Bach’s Suite for Solo Cello No. 1- Yo-Yo Ma: I LOVE this so much it is my ringtone and will be the first music we play for baby.

December- Norah Jones- I’m not due until January but I love this song about longing for something.

In the Strength of the Lord- Jenny Phillips: The weekend they thought I was having a miscarriage I listened to this song what felt like a million times. It’s been my go to song on hard days ever since. “He believes I can do hard things if I will trust Him and walk forward in the strength of the Lord.”

Where Can I Turn for Peace?- Katherine Nelson: “Constant, He is, and kind. Love without end.”

*Also, in case you're wondering why I posted this today, the internet filter is down at work and since I wrote this post on my work computer, it makes posting it from here way easier.  Thank you evil basement nerds (aka the IT department) for making this rainy Friday a bit better! :)

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Haven't Met You Yet was on my list too :) Still applies! Great list.