Friday, September 23, 2011

23 Weeks: Dancing with Myself

23 weeks.  Wow.  When I think about it, it seems crazy.  People usually ask me when my due date is and when I respond with "Mid-January"  that seems so far away.  It's NEXT YEAR, for goodness sake!  It's also only 4 months away.  4 months!  I don't even know if it is a boy or girl yet!  How can I only have 4 more months to prepare??  I haven't even started on the nursery.  I don't even have a crib picked out.  I've bought two sets of diapers and wipes and thats about it.  For a complusive planner and list maker, this is not good.  I have a feeling I'm just going start spitting out lists the minute we know boy or girl to make up for all this lost time. 
On how the baby and mommy are feeling front, things are great.  I still have bad days but my good days have become MUCH better. Kind of sad how much medicine it take to make that happen, but I'll take it. 
You can definitely tell I'm pregnant now as well.  I'm terrible at taking belly pictures though.  I literally have only taken one.  But people have started asking about the baby now instead of just looking questionably at my stomach area.   I consider this an improvement. 
I can also feel the baby moving around and kicking now which is so strange.  Also strange is how normal it feels already.  Last Friday morning I was laying down for a few minutes watching my tummy and all the sudden I saw and felt it kick simultaneously.  I burst out laughing it was so cool!  Right now the kicks still aren't super consistent and they are mostly after I've eaten.  When I get around 28 weeks the baby will be big enough that I can feel most of his or her movements.  Right now it really depends on what he or she is doing and his or her location. 
Less than a week now until the ultrasound and I'm so excited to be able to stop saying "him or her"  and "he or she."  The grammar freak in me just won't let me say "their" or "they."  Both of our moms are coming to the ultrasound and I'm really excited about that.  I think it will be a really special experience to share with both of them.
Earlier this month, it was suggested to me that I make a "baby playlist."  I loved the idea and made one pretty much immediately. It has helped me feel so much better.  It sets my mood for me and I spend a lot of time dancing at my desk these days.  :)  I wrote a post about all the songs a few weeks ago but for various reasons, mostly me being lazy, I haven't gotten around to transferring it from word to my blog.  Maybe I'll do that next week to keep my mind off the ultrasound countdown...Only 6 more days! :)

2 comments:

State of Grace said...

AHHHHH!!! I am sooo excited!! I cannot wait for that phone call, and you know i'll prob go shopping that afternoon!

House of Squitty said...

I can't wait to hear what you're having...I'm already dying to know at 14 weeks so I can only imagine!