Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tender Mercies

"But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."
- 1 Nephi 1:20
A few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to read the Book of Mormon before the baby is born. I've read it several times but I just have really been feeling the need to do so again lately.  I finally started last night I'm so glad I did because it has already been a huge blessing. That scripture was the last one I read and it really hit me.
Pregnancy has not been an easy thing for me. Any side effect you can think of, I've probably experienced it. Some days, it's all I can do not to burst into tears; however, it has also been one of the most spiritual times in my life. I have never been so grateful for a trial or felt the love of the Lord so strongly and consistently. I know that He is aware of how I feel and I have felt His tender mercies as He makes me the mighty person I can become.  I'm so thankful for the gospel that gives a rhyme and reason to this crazy world we live in.  I don't think I could get by without it.

No comments: