Sunday, October 30, 2011

28 Weeks: Plans? What plans?

I have officially reached the "I probably should have done more by this point" part of pregnancy. Everyone keeps asking me if I have done certain things with the tone of voice that makes me sure they assume I have.  They have assumed incorrectly.  We still haven't picked out a crib, let alone registered!  I need to pick out a pediatrician?  Really?  My birth plan consists of:  I will be in the hospital and have a baby.  Lydia Jane's nursery is not even an empty room yet. I can't even say we have a blank slate because really what we have is a slate full of things that need to be erased.  The big kicker:  none of this bothers me in the least.  I am totally calm about it.  I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.  My goal for the month of November is to do all of those things.  And not to worry, I've made a bit of a start on them already. I'm pretty sure we have a pediatrician now, I just need to actually call them.  While I don't know which crib we are getting, I do know who will be purchasing it.  My grandparents told us last weekend that is what they want to get Lydia Jane, which is super generous and exciting! My mom is coming for 2 days in a couple of weeks to help me get the nursery together.  So while it still seems like I have a lot to do, I also think I'm making some progress or at least plans for progress.
In how the Watts girls are feeling news:
I'm still pretty much the same.  I have good days and I have bad days.  As I have said before, it is hard to get used to but I'm handling it.  In new developments, my feet were swollen for the first time last week.  It was only at the end of one day and I guess I should really be thankful it didn't happen sooner.  I'm not sure if I mentioned it last week or not but I've also started to have some Braxton Hicks contractions.  Not too many and not every day but they sure aren't comfortable!  I've tried to get up and move around more at work and that seems to be helping.
Lydia Jane is still kicking up a storm and Cory still hasn't felt it.  He did see her kicking me the other day though, which he thought was really cool.  I can definitely tell she is starting to get stronger!
She also got her first present in the mail the other day!  Aren't these the cutest?!  Thanks Joanie, Ryan and Jaxson!
 Joanie has the cutest etsy shop!  You should definitely check out her stuff!

I had planned to take some cute pregnancy photos at the river last Saturday but that didn't work out.  My youngest brother was in a wreck on his way home and we had to rush to meet them at the emergency room.  He is fine, but it was definitely a crazy time!  So instead of pretty river pictures, you get another in our den picture.  From a different angle this time though, exciting! :)
27 weeks

3 comments:

Joanie Harbor said...

glad you got the paci clips and flowers ok! you look great :)

Shawna and Family said...

I wouldn't stress the nursery yet! We didn't put Maddy's nursery together until I was about 8 weeks from my due date! lol You'll get it done!

House of Squitty said...

You are looking so good girl! Everything will get done in plenty of time. I'm sure you and your Mom will take care of business before you know it. Can't wait to see pictures of the completed nursery!