Monday, October 17, 2011

A Birthday and a Belly!

Saturday night we went out with Mike and Jenn and some friends to celebrate Jenn's birthday.  It was so much fun!  We split the table into guys and girls and just chatted and laughed the entire time.   It was really nice to actually get dressed up and go out as well.  I've gotten so slack about that kind of stuff lately.  I got my hair cut three weeks ago and people are just now noticing because I think I've only worn it down once since then.  Because of this, I never really feel like having my picture taken and documenting my hastily done make up, air dried pony tail, ect... Saturday though, I made a point to have Cory take a couple belly pictures before we left. 
26 weeks.

Me and my silly husband.  He loves giving himself crazy facial hair.  It usually only survives for a night though.

After we ate dinner we had planned to go back to Mike and Jenn's for cake and icecream but I just wasn't up to it.  Since it was a special occasion I went all out and ordered the strawberry peach lemonade.  It was really yummy but also a mistake.  I was feeling terrible by the time we got the check.  Sugary drinks just do not sit well with me at night I have discovered.  Luckily there wasn't another fiasco.  We just went home and chilled on the couch watching Clemson's ridiculous comeback victory.  I still can't stand Clemson, but it was pretty impressive.  Well, the parts I wasn't asleep for were. 
Sunday was wonderful.  Everyone at church was telling me how good I looked and it just made me feel so much better after all those terrible elevator conversations this week.  I really love my ward!  It is full of so many fabulous people who do their best to lift each other up every Sunday.  I've realized over and over that even though this wasn't where Cory and I planned to be, this is the place the Lord knew we needed to be all along.  I'm so grateful for His guiding hand in my life and the countless blessing that have come into my life because of it.

3 comments:

State of Grace said...

oh my goodness, you are looking SOOOO good! You are just gorgeous, my dear! Lydia Jane is one lucky girl to have such good genes!

House of Squitty said...

Awww, I am loving the bump! You look amazing.

mary had a... said...

yes, i agree! you look just lovely!