Monday, October 31, 2011

Twenty Five!

I turned 25 last week.  I still can't decide how I feel about being that age but I can say I have loved celebrating it! 
On Tuesday, Sherry, Naomi, Grace and I went out to Yummilicous for frozen yogurt!  It was so fun to be able to chat and laugh with these girls!  They had the best music in there and Grace and I even got a little dancing in. :)

Someone was nice to enough to take a group shot of us!  Don't be fooled by Grace's face, she was having a great time.

 It really was yummy!  I had cheesecake yogurt with oreo crumbles and strawberries.  

 Sherry and Grace looking so cute!

 Grace was smiling and dancing until we got out the camera.  At least Naomi can make me laugh, right? 

 That is as close to a smile as she would give us!  

Thanks again Naomi and Sherry for a super fun night!

On Wednesday night we had a youth temple trip to do baptisms.  What better way to celebrate my birthday week than with a trip to the temple?!  All I do on these nights is hand out towels and remind the youth how they should behave in the temple, but I still really enjoy it.  Of course there are some really sweet moments too.  Most of our young men are 14 and under and I was sitting with them while they were waiting to be confirmed to keep the peace.  They had some special temple magazines on the benches and the boys were looking through them deciding which temple they wanted to be married in.  They are crazy so much of the time it was nice to see a different side to them and know that they see that in their future.  Overall, they baptized 200 people! That is like an entire ward.  Such a wonderful feeling! 
The bishop always takes them out somewhere for a little treat afterwards and this time we went to Krispy Kreme.  It was super yummy and it is fun to let them relax together after being reverent for so long, or close to it anyway. :)

 My super handsome hubby!

Our temple group!  Love them all!

On Thursday, my actual birthday, Cory, my dad and I went to Outback for dinner which was delicious. Over the weekend we celebrated Halloween, but that's a different post.  Sunday was super relaxing, just how I like.    There were some great talks and lessons at church and then my parents and littlest brother stopped by for a visit after church. Sunday night Cory and I made some delicious white chicken chili and watched The Lion King, one of my presents.  It was the perfect send off to a wonderful week!

2 comments:

House of Squitty said...

Glad you had such a good birthday week! That yogurt sure looks delish. :)

State of Grace said...

I'm glad at least I could make you laugh!! Someone likes my crazy dancing! haha Thanks for letting us take you out! It was fun to get to see you...and have an excuse to eat frozen yogurt!