Thursday, October 6, 2011

25 Weeks: Is it January yet???/AHHHHHH! It's October!

So now we know she is a girl, I'm starting to be impatient.  Some days I just want her to be here so badly I can hardly stand it.  Waiting until January to hold our sweet girl seems like an impossible task.  It's just SO far way!  Then I think about all the things I have to accomplish before she arrives, begin to panic, and become okay with idea of her being a week overdue.  Since she is measuring about 4 days behind her due date, this is a real possibility. 
Since last week, I haven't done much at all.  I did buy a baby name book because we still can not decide on a name.  We have a middle name pretty much picked out but keep changing our minds about her first name.  We may just have to wait until we see her to decide. 
My mom, on the other hand, is going crazy.  Baby girl already has outfits for every major holiday next year and she doesn't even have a name yet!  I definitely don't dislike my mom buying things for her, it is just overwhelming to me how much she is getting her already!
This weekend my plan is to finish the consolidation of our two guest rooms into one.  We started that a few weeks ago but going to football games has prevented us from finishing.  We are skipping this week so I'm hopeful of getting a lot done so we can start on the nursery soon. 
Baby girl continues to kick around in there.  She doesn't move as much early in the day but from about 3pm onwards the girl is a dancing machine.  Cory still can't feel the kicks, but that doesn't stop him from shaking my belly and saying "Hey in there!" periodically.
I just loved General Conference this past weekend, especially the talk from Sister Dalton.  It was so special to listen to that talk so soon after we found out we'll be raising a little girl. :)
I guess I would say my two major feelings right now are impatience and panic.  Not a great combination, but I suspect I should get used to it.  Even though those two extremes are present, most of the time I feel very content to just chill out and let her grow, even though I definitely wish I had an ultrasound machine so I could check on her every once in a while, or day.  You know, whenever. :)

No comments: