Friday, December 2, 2011

33 Weeks: Amazing Things

I had my "34 weeks" check up on Wednesday, again a week early. Maybe this will be a trend for everything pregnancy related from now on?!  *fingers crossed* :)  I was the very first appointment for the day and actually got there first so I was in and out in less than 30 minutes.  Everything looks good still and I only gained 2 pounds in the two weeks around Thanksgiving which I was super proud of! I've started taking salads for my lunches this week to be healthier and to hopefully keep my weight gain down to no more than a pound a week for the rest of the pregnancy.  I've done pretty well weight wise so hopefully I can do it.  I still have to make it through Christmas though...
Also, I've heard about 20 times in the past few weeks that I MUST be having a boy.  Ummm..no, it's a girl.  I don't really understand the need to even guess.  I realize there are good odds with 50/50, but still.  There is absolutely no way to tell from looking at me the gender of my unborn child. There also is no prize for guessing correctly, yet many people insist on trying. Someone asked my due date today and when I said January 18th she replied with "I thought you were going to say any day now!"  My response "I wish!" complete with a forced smile and laugh.  Pregnancy sure gives you lessons in holding your tongue!  I just wish all these inconsiderate people had the same ones.  I've learned to deal with it, it just never ceases to amaze me.  It reminds me of riding to church with my mom as a kid and passing the same man cutting his grass every week and my mom saying "I can't believe that man is out cutting his grass on Sunday!" every week.  Some things are just too amazing not to comment on no matter how frequently they occur, apparently. :)
The good thing is that even though there are people like that, there are also people like my best friend.  She read about the horrible week I was having and instead of leaving me a comment she brings me homemade blondies, which were super yummy.  Not that I do not appreciate the comments.  I definitely do, I just can't eat those. :)  She also brought along a super cute red head I was able to bribe into showing me her new walking skills with M&Ms.  There are people like my fellow counselor in YW who, after hearing me say how I was totally disappointed that the stake presidency had cancelled their weekly interview session, pulls out her phone, in which is programed Pres. Mayo's number, and calls him to find out what is going on.  First of all, the fact that she has a member of the stake presidency's number in her phone would surprise no one who knows her.  She is just that kind of girl, an awesome one.  Secondly, how great is it that she just does stuff like that without you having to ask her to do it?!  Turns out they were there and we were able to go and have our temple recommends renewed.  This was really important to me because they expired the next day and I wanted to be able to tell our children that we were never without a current temple recommend. And lastly, there are people like my husband who not only puts up with my ramblings about crazy hair brained schemes but has them completed as a surprise by the time I get home.   No matter how he feels about the state of my sanity these days, he is willing to do whatever he thinks will make me happy.  Or maybe he just doesn't want a crazy AND angry pregnant woman in the same house as him. :)  Either way, I'll take it.  I'm so very grateful to have so many people in my life who allow me to feel the love of my Heavenly Father through their love and service to me.  It is times like this that I am so thankful that there are so many people in my life who love the Lord because really, that's what it's all about.

1 comment:

Niki said...

I'm glad you document so much through your blog. Next time around I'll have a resource, plus your little girl will have something to read when it's her turn. It's priceless. Oh, and people can be so good, can't they?