Sunday, December 18, 2011

Spartanburg Weekend

About a month ago Cory and I spent a weekend in Spartanburg running/walking a race and visiting some friends.  I left my camera at home and of course just got around to figuring out how to transfer pictures from my iphone to the computer.  So here are some pictures from our super fun weekend.

Last summer, my cousin Karl passed away from congestive heart failure at the age of 19.  There is now a scholarship in his memory at Wofford College where he was a rising Sophomore at the time of his death.  To raise money for the scholarship, his fraternity puts on the 5K for Karl in the fall.  This was the 2nd annual race and it was a wonderful success.  Notice one of the sponsors:  Baby Girl Watts. :)
 Cory and my brother Gilliam.  I didn't get a picture of them running across the finish line because Cory was running across it as I was getting back from walking a mile and Gilliam was already finished.  Oh well, I will pull the pregnancy card to explain why my husband can run a 5k faster than I can walk a mile.
 My dad and brother after the race.  Gilliam had the fastest time for his age division!  He definitely takes after my dad in the running department!  In his younger days, my dad ran a couple marathons a year.
 Cory and me at the Travis home.  We may or may not have been tormenting Joel the whole night with these photos.  He was still at school in Utah and extremely jealous we were visiting with his sister and parents.
 Cory and Zach the dog who is super awesome.  Also, another picture for Joel.
 Joel really misses Zaxby's so of course we went there for dinner and took some photos.
 Adriane and Micah who we had such a fun time hanging out with!  We ate Mexican, went bowling, hung out watching football, ate Zaxby's and watched a movie.  The movie part was really just Cory and Micah.  Adriane is in her 1st trimester while I'm in my 3rd so we didn't make it much past the opening credits before falling asleep.
No trip is complete without a stoney face Sunday school shot! :)  Despite the looks on our faces, we had a wonderful weekend with fabulous family and friends! 

No comments: