Monday, December 19, 2011

35 Weeks: The Beginning of the End

As of today, there is less than a month until my due date.  I feel like I am now officially in the home stretch! Even though I'm not kidding myself into thinking she will definitely be here by then, it is still exciting.  From now on I will have a doctors appointment every week.  My appointment last Thursday was completely typical.  Everything looks good and I was in and out in less than 30 minutes.  I asked about her hiccups and the doctor said that was totally normal.  He asked if I was feeling them on the right side of my pelvis, which is exactly where I do feel them, and said that was good because it means she is already in the right position for birth.  So hooray for that! 
After feeling her little foot the other day, I have had to move it a few other times.  It is very strange to feel someone stretching out inside your belly and when it hurts, be able to push them back in.  I can't decide if Cory thinks it is more cool or freaky.  I don't think he can decide either. :) 
I am definitely looking forward to my 3 days off around Christmas!  We are staying in Columbia for the most part because Cory is on call next week so I'm hoping we can get the nursery close to finished.  We have definitely been working hard to get the rest of the house organized and I'm pretty proud of our progress!

2 comments:

House of Squitty said...

Horray for LJ arriving in less than a month! By the way, we saw your Dad at work last Friday...I told him I knew you and Cory and that we were both having little baby girls soon. He is very cute and was so excited about his grandbaby.

Niki said...

I haven't heard if your going back to work after? It's okay if you aren't saying or don't know. I know the pressures if that :)