Saturday, December 31, 2011

37 Weeks: Moving Right Along!

My doctors appointment Thursday went really well.  I've started progressing toward labor which is good.  Her head is in the right place and she is low. They expect our girl to be right on time, which is in less than 3 weeks.  Yikes.  She is moving a lot still, depending on the time of day.  She has started to have more "rest times" recently.  Her movements are definitely different now as well.  I am now being poked and prodded more than kicked and punched. 
I've started to have little bouts of anxiousness that I'm not fond of at all.  They don't seem to be triggered by anything in particular but I guess the pressure of everything does weigh on my subconscious.  Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to meet this girl and I'm really not that freaked out about labor and delivery.  It's one day of my life.  I could do pretty much anything for one day, right?  Especially when the reward is a sweet, cuddly baby!  If I'm being delusional here, please don't spoil it for me.  I guess it is really just the nesting instinct to have everything "ready" that is driving me insane.  I keep making list of things to stockpile like shampoo, paper towels, toilet paper, ect.  And I want ridiculous amounts of it.  I'm not sure if I think I'm having a baby or being trapped in my house for a year.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be prepared for both circumstances. :)
We got a ton done in the nursery over the long holiday weekend and hope to finish up with most things this coming Monday.  We will see how it goes though.  I'm not going to freak out if she arrives and all the decorations aren't up yet.
In the midst of all my practicality and cleaning, I managed to make Cory a totally unpractical and mostly silly "Daddy Kit"  as part of his Christmas present.  It was small but cute I thought and he seemed to really like it. Here's what I put in it:
Baby books about dads for bedtime stories. 
New underwear for sports playing with passes for an extra night of basketball for "when living with two girls is a little too much" and he needs some extra "man time." 
A book of useless information to share with her/keep him entertained during the early parts of labor, which he LOVES.  He is always looking up websites with random facts on them and sharing them with me.  This is only annoying sometimes. :) 
Some reeses for a snack while he is waiting for our girl to arrive.
My favorite:  oreos for them to share a midnight snack.  She gets the milk.  He gets the cookies. :)

2 comments:

State of Grace said...

Love it!! I love that my way of giving presents has rubbed off on my friends! haha. I totally just took credit for that! You are so cute, and I can't wait to meet Lydia Jane. Also, I got you message today, but I was asleep and then had a migraine. BUT, I will totally take you up on the Yummilicious offer! It is a date!

House of Squitty said...

Glad to hear that everything is going so well. I'm sure that you are more prepared than you realize. That gift was super thoughtful and adorable!