Monday, January 2, 2012

Crafty Christmas

I made handmade stuff for Christmas.  I was pretty happy with how it all turned out...

 My first attempt at making Bakerella's cake balls.  It was really messy and time consuming, but they were really yummy!

 I made these two popcorn bowls with a bowl I got for about $2.50 from Walmart and some vinyl I cut out with my Silhouette.  The names were really difficult to center on the bowls so I added the polka dots and I think it helped a little.  Next time I will research more about putting vinyl on curved surfaces and how to make it easier.  I added a movie, popcorn and some candy and they were very popular gifts!
This wine glass was a gift for my Aunt Jean.  I cut out the "J" and polka dots with my Silhouette and added them to a $2 plastic wine glass I got from Target.  I wanted plastic so she could toss it in a bag and take with her to tailgates without worrying about it breaking.  One letter is definitely a lot easier to center than an entire last name!

1 comment:

mary had a... said...

i love the homemade gifts! those are seriously the best!