Wednesday, January 18, 2012

40 Weeks: Happy Due Date!

Today is my due date.  As some of you may know, I've had 3 different ones and this one is the earliest so I'm not really getting anxious yet.  Cory, on the other hand, more and more frequently shakes my belly saying "Come out of there!  We want to meet you!"
I had my doctors appointment yesterday.  I'm almost completely effaced but I haven't dilated at all.  I also haven't gained any weight the past two weeks which is honestly shocking to me because I have been eating like crazy.  This morning after I woke up, the first thing I said to Cory was "I'm starving!"   I guess our little girl is burning lots of calories in there getting ready for her big debut!  She is even more active than ever.  The squirms and wiggles are weirder than the punches and kicks, I think.  Definitely makes me feel more like there is an alien in there instead of a baby. 
After I had my regular OB appointment, I went by Dr. Holladay's office for a quick chat with him.  Well, that quick chat turned into another hour long appointment.  After looking at my chart, he couldn't believe I hadn't dilated at all and wanted to check me himself.  I know getting checked is really uncomfortable for most people, but it doesn't really bother me.  So he checked me again, but it just confirmed that I still hadn't dilated.  I did learn that he will be on call this weekend so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will have Lydia Jane then.  I like all the doctors except one in my practice and I'm even okay with him delivering her, but it would be super nice to have my doctor.  We will see though.  If she doesn't arrive by next Tuesday, I will have a non stress test and an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid.  I really hope she is here by then, but if not we will just go from there!
I'm still working and honestly, I'm really glad.  Monday I had the day off but Cory had to work and it was fine for the morning but by the afternoon, I was going crazy.  There was so much I wanted to do still but I was exhausted from everything I had done in the morning.  I couldn't really relax and I couldn't really work either.  Plus I had no one to talk to and time passed super slowly.  So while some people may think I'm crazy for working still, I know I really would be crazy if I wasn't! Today a couple of people asked when my due date was and it was really funny to see the looks on their faces when I replied "Today."  You would have thought I said I had a time bomb strapped to my belly!  The guys at work have a plan already for if I go into labor at work.  The plan is to throw me in the back of Cory's truck so it can easily be hosed down and take me to the hospital in that. (The guy who sits beside me has the same name as my husband which only causes confusion sometimes.)  Jack says he could deliver the baby if it is an emergency because he was there when his two children were born.  Also, Cory is terrified my water is going to break and gush under the wall between our cubes.  It doesn't matter how many times I've told him how unlikely this is to happen.  Basically, I'm very grateful my hospital is a very short 5 minute drive from our office because none of their plans sound good to me.  It is nice to be surrounded by such entertaining people while I wait on my girl though! :)

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

He he he--my guy co-workers had plans too :) So exciting! Can't wait to hear her debut story!

House of Squitty said...

Holy cow, that last week flew by! So excited for you guys!

Shawna and Family said...

I was so sad when my due date came and went... My mom brought me some flowers and icecream... I hope Lydia Jane comes soon!