Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lydia Jane's Nursery

You would think now that I am 4 days overdue, the nursery would be done, right?  Wrong.  It is complete enough that she could use it but it still has some work that needs to be done.  They are all just the final touches like hanging up pictures and new curtains so not a huge deal.  I thought I would share what we have done so far anyway.  Hopefully soon we will have a little sweet girl in here to show off as well!
Her crib and rocking chair.  You can also see her little giraffe hobby horse partially.  The bed skirt on her crib is the one my Granny made for my crib when I was born.  It's a little long but I'm sentimental so it's staying.
 Inside of her crib.
 Rocking chair and ottoman.  My mom bought a regular storage ottoman from Target and recovered it to match the chair. 
 Her dresser.  Mom also made the lamp shade and painted the dresser white.  It was originally in Cory's room growing up and brown.  We also changed the knobs to make it more girly.
 Close up of her dresser decorations.
 Believe it or not, I inherited this little cabinet from my Granny years ago.  The doors are just perfect for holding her hair bows!  The teddy bear was Cory's when he was little.  His mom actually made it for him.  The first thing he said when he saw the pink ribbon and pearls:  "That's a boy bear."
Last, but not least: her closet!  That may look like a lot of clothes, but it isn't even the half of it.  You can't see the ones that go all the way to the back of the closet.  I don't know how she is going to wear them all!


3 comments:

House of Squitty said...

Adorable! Your Mom did an awesome job on the ottoman, so creative.

State of Grace said...

It looks great!! I am still super in love with that little cabinet with the chicken wire for her bows! I'm excited to use those bows for her photoshoot too! haha

Alyssa said...

It looks SO cute! I love those breathable bumpers! The long flowing skirt is adorable and I LOVE all the things that used to be her dad's :) I'm so excited for you! You are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a mommy!!!