Monday, January 9, 2012

Tears Everywhere

Shortly after our good friend David got home from his mission, our group of friends got into a sort of crazy situation you can hear about by watching this video: http://youtu.be/TFZacbTloU4
In one part of the video, David talks about me crying and that there were "tears everywhere."  Ever since, every time I get upset and cry I hear David's voice in my head talking about my tears everywhere.  I feel like that has happened a lot lately.  The closer I get to my due date, the more likely to burst into tears I am.  Yesterday during testimony meeting: tears everywhere.  Telling a story during young women: tears everywhere.  Tonight thinking about labor: tears everywhere.  I'm super excited about our girl getting here, but I'm super emotional about it as well.  When I got home today I was really tired so I just relaxed and took a nap instead of doing my usual organizing/cleaning whirlwind.  I hadn't realized what I device of distraction that was until I wasn't doing it anymore.  There is way too much time to think when you are relaxing, that is for sure.  One thought I have had several times over the past few days is that while I'm going through an experience I've never been through before, our little girl is doing the same.  I'm going through the process of becoming her earthly parent while she is leaving the comforting presence of her heavenly one.  In comparison, mine seems a lot easier.  Sometime in the next few days we are all going to be starting a new journey, but I take great comfort in knowing we are starting that journey together.

3 comments:

State of Grace said...

I love that thought of starting the journey together. You are going to make such a wonderful mom. I am excited for you to start the journey of motherhood too!!

Ashley said...

Emily you have such a sweet spirit and I know you are going to make an amazing Mommy! I never thought of the perspective that our children are going through something for the first time too! Thank you for sharing and shedding light on this topic, I'll keep that in mind next pregnancy :)

mary had a... said...

LOVe your perspective, thanks for sharing. I'm so excited for you!!!