Monday, January 16, 2012

39 Weeks: Not Yet

Those are the two words I use most often these days.  "Any signs of the baby coming?"  "Not yet."  "Have you stopped going to work?"  "Not yet."  "Is the nursery finished?"  "Not yet."  "Are you ready?" "Not yet" "Are you in labor? "Not yet." And on and on...The last one comes most often from Cory when I have trouble getting up from lying on the couch.  So many things are 10 times more difficult when you have a huge belly. 
Basically I am just going about my normal routine trying not to wait and think constantly about when the baby will get here.  This is much more difficult than it sounds because I am constantly being asked when I'm due, have I made any progress, ect.  I understand people are curious, but as I've said before I really don't understand the feeling everyone seems to have that pregnant women are public domain. Also, I'm not talking about friends here, these are perfect strangers. I guess I had better get used to it though because I'm pretty sure people treat babies the same way.  Right now, I still want to find a way to fight it.  So far I've been unsuccessful. 

In good news, this guy is no longer in my house.

2 comments:

State of Grace said...

Is she here yet?? haha J/k

I'm really glad that squirrel is out!! I cannot believe that actually happened..but I did laugh thinking about a very pregnant you trying to catch that thing with a net. I will be seeing you AND Lydia Jane soon.

The Branham Family said...

Yes people do it with babies too.. but it is easier when random people tell you how beautiful your baby is.. if anything you want the whole world to see! :) And you lose the hormones eventually and that helps too lol. good luck!