Monday, March 28, 2011

Boys Boys Boys

This weekend three of our nephews stayed with us while their mom and dad (plus baby Carson) went to Hilton Head to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary. We started off Saturday morning doing my work out video which was too funny! They kept asking me if they were doing it right and "Will this make me strong?" They are too much! I could hardly keep a straight face because they were so serious. They like to play wrestle a lot but as always, someone really gets hurt (Hampton) and starts throwing things (Hampton again) so they had their own spots in the living room for when things got too rowdy. I felt a little mean telling them to "go to their spots" but I would rather do that than go to the hospital!

Cory and Hampton went missing for a little while and when I went to find them, I discovered this:
I wonder where they get their love of fighting from???

Saturday night I had to go to the YW Ice Cream Social and broadcast, which was AWESOME. I left Cory and the boys watching Area 51, a movie about aliens. When I got home they were watching a movie about banshees on Syfy. Poor Pearce was hiding under a blanket and Hamp made me check the bathroom for banshees before he would go in it. I was worried they wouldn't be able to sleep but they seemed to be over it by bedtime.

On Sunday it was a bit like playing musical chairs in Sacrament meeting. I love that they are so entertained by each other but it sure makes things hard when you try to get them to be reverent! Despite their craziness, I was too proud of myself for getting them all ready and to church before the opening hymn started to be too upset about it. After church we went home and made lunch (spaghetti is a huge hit with them) and chilled out waiting on their parents to come home. Overall, I would say it was pretty successful!

1 comment:

Layne Stalvey said...

Look atcha! Good parents in the making!