Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Crafter is Born

Here I am on Christmas morning with my brand new Silhouette cutting machine. Here is the first project I made with it yesterday.
Why the over 2 month gap, you ask? Well, I happened to be terrified of not bears, snakes, or the dark but buttons. Lots and lots of buttons. A couple of weeks after I opened up my Silhouette, I finally took it out of the box and installed the software. Thats when things get scary. I expecting something like Paint and instead got buttons on every side of my screen, none of them recognizable. I tried clicking around a little, had no clue what I was doing and decided to leave it for a little while. I left the program up to keep up the pretense of actually working on it but the truth was, I felt like I was never going to figure it out. Needless to say, it was still up yesterday when I started my project and not a thing had changed. Except me, that is. Our big family birthday party was coming up and I was determined to make a project for my aunt. So I sat down with the instructions and Viola! it was SOOO easy. I finished the entire project without a hitch. Now don't I feel silly! Anyway, I guess I have learned my lesson not to be intimidated by buttons, or anything else for that matter. Now I can't wait to get started on more projects I have seen on Uvinyl where I got the idea for the cute plate and think up some projects of my own!

No comments: