Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Book Worm Wednesday: Recommended by the Mister!

So in honor of Father's Day this BWW is about the book my mister is currently reading now, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. 

I have already read all three of the Hunger Games books and loved them so I was so excited when Cory mentioned wanting to read them.  Let me tell you, he is HOOKED!  I'm always worried when I have friends and family read books I love that they won't like them so I'm glad that didn't happen.  Cory rarely reads books and then not usually something I would like so it is nice to have a shared book interest.  We were talking about the book this morning (I may have been digging for things to write in this post, but that is beside the point:)) and he was telling me what he likes about it.  He is only about halfway through right now and said he loves how even when nothing is happening the descriptions are so well written you can easily picture the scene and it keeps him interested.   Also, even though not much is going on the suspense is intense and he just really wants to know what is happening next.  He also mentioned a few of the cool abilities the characters have that he thinks are just great (being an awesome archer, being about to jump from tree to tree without touching the ground, you know stuff boys like).  When Cory reads he really likes to imagine what he would do in the situations the characters face and this book definitely provides a lot of opportunities for that.  In case you've never heard of them, the Hunger Games are a very messed up way a post apocalyptic society keeps its citizens in line.  Each district must send two tributes, a boy and a girl between the ages of 12 and 18, to battle to the death in the annual Hunger Games.  It may sound morbid, and it is, but in a good makes-you-think kind of way.  So if you haven't read it, or even if you have, think about sharing it with a great guy in your life.

No comments: