Sunday, June 5, 2011

Recent Adventures

We haven't really done anything big lately which has been nice.  I feel like we have a few crazy months where we are out of town or super busy every weekend and then have a few weeks to just relax around Columbia.
In those few weeks we have:
Gone on a hike with the Young Women at Sesquicentennial State Park.
One of my YW who I now refer to as Bindi (after Bindi Irwin) because she was crazy over any animal we saw on the trail. 
 This poor guy didn't make it through the hike... Unfortunately, I think a lot of kids learn how fragile baby frogs are this way. :(
 Cory and me in the great outdoors! :)  Everyone was jealous of my super sweet Camelback! 
We all had such a good time!  The trail wasn't bad at all and it was a fun bonding time with the girls.

My brother Gilliam graduated from Clemson University.  My parents threw him a graduation party and it was so much fun!
 Awesome purple and orange carrot cake my mom made in honor of the graduate.
Me and Gilly Gil!

For Memorial Day, we had Cory's parents and sister over for a cook out.  I made these delicious brownie dipped oreos.  They were so easy to make too! All you do is make up any brownie batter, dip the DoubleStuf Oreos in and put them in a cupcake pan.  Bake for about 12 minutes at 350.  I read in some places that said you can just spray Pam in the tin and it will be fine, but I liked using the cupcake foils.
 YUM.

Finally, today we went to Lake Wateree to have dinner with Cory's grandparents.  It was really nice to see them because we don't get the chance to very often.  I got a yummy sounding recipe for fruit cobbler from his grandma I'm now itching to try.  I may have to post about it if it turns out well.
Always time to say "Cheese!"



2 comments:

Layne Stalvey said...

I admire your mom's beautiful bakery craftsmanship...can't say I love the theme of the cake, although it does make me hungry!!! Great pics!

Niki said...

I cannot make brownies to save my life, so maybe a variation of brownies involving oreo's could help me get over my problem. Your Mom did great on that cake, too! The paw is so clean looking.