Thursday, November 17, 2011

31 Weeks: Growing Girl

I had my 32 weeks appointment today.  Somehow, I got a week ahead in my appointments.  Everything looks great.  I had an ultrasound to check Lydia Jane's growth and she has gained 3 pounds!  She now weighs 4lbs. 2oz. and is in the 65th percentile.  I'm definitely happy about that because she was only in the 10th percentile at 24 weeks.  Our girl is definitely catching up! 
She also has a big head. haha.  When they measured it, it measured 33 weeks 4 days and I said "She has a huge head doesn't she?"  The ultrasound tech just laughed and said "Not necessarily" which totally means yes.  As a big headed girl myself, I'm totally okay with that. 
I didn't get to see much of her face today which was sort of a bummer but when I told Cory that he just said "Well, we will see her for real soon enough so that's okay."  He is totally right but I still wanted to see her little face more! 
I'm now in the single digits for the due date count down!  Only 9 more weeks!  Even though I totally expect her to be late, I will still be happy to reach that point.  So I say now, right?
My health hasn't really changed much.  I have become a zombie again, falling asleep at 8 or so for the night.  I think Cory is starting to get a little bored. I feel badly that he is having to spend his nights alone these days but there is honestly nothing I can do about it. 
I guess my body is prepping to have a newborn by behaving like one.  I basically have two main wants:  to sleep and to eat.  I do both way more than I used to but I'm fine with that! :)

1 comment:

State of Grace said...

9 weeks?? CRAZY!! I am so excited to meet my new little niece! (oh, and totally excited to photograph her too!!) Those weeks are going to fly bu now, since we have all the holidays coming up! And then, after Christmas, you are only going to have like 3 weeks! (can you tell i'm pumped!?!)