Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Nursery: Phase 1

My mom came to Columbia on Friday to help me get started on Lydia Jane's nursery. We got all the current furniture arranged, picked out some fabrics and made lists of things still to make. Here's an overview:
 Her crib and dresser.  We are painting the dresser white and adding ruffles to the lampshade.
 Her little animals!  My parents got the sheep for her in England this summer.
 Bed really not at all looking like it will.  We are making new drapes and adding lots of pillows.
The pink and brown fabric is to make my rocking chair cushion and the others are for pillows.

It's not much at the moment, but I think now that the basics are in place it will be a lot easier to add things.  I am starting to get a mental picture of how everything is going to fit and look now, which is exciting. 

Tonight I'm starting on my first craft for the nursery.  These pom poms:

So I'm really excited about that even though it is most likely going to take forever.  Hopefully they will look really cute in the end though!  I will definitely post my progress!

No comments: