Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Book Worm Wednesday: The Sources

It's been a while since I have done one of these so I thought I would do a quick one this week!  I have been so busy that I haven't really had time to read as much as I like to.  I still get to listen to audiobooks at work though, which is nice.  I always loved to read, but I really started to read a lot when I found a book I loved and then tried to find more like it.  When I discovered an author of a beloved series had an entire page of book suggestions on her website, I was in book worm heaven!   These days, almost all authors have a website or blog of some kind and most of them have lists of books similar to theirs and some of their personal favorites.  
One of my current favorite authors to get suggestions from is Sarah Rees Brennan.  She is very funny and periodically posts book recommendations on her blog.  Her most recent one is here: http://sarahtales.livejournal.com/191570.html
I have read books from her suggestions before, but none on this list yet so I can't say if they are good or not but her descriptions alone are very entertaining. Lots of other authors do similar things so if you have a favorite book or author, google them! Chances are you will find some great recommendations for new books to enjoy.

No comments: