Friday, May 6, 2011

Five Question Friday


1. Have you ever had roommates?

I have had several roommates.   Unfortunately, I think the majority of the time I was the bad roommate.  You know, the one who stays up until 2am finishing a paper, presses snooze 10 times and has an annoyingly bright laptop screen saver that she doesn't know how turn off at night.  Yikes.  Looking back, I feel sort of badly for all my former roommates.  Not that they were perfect, but I could have been better.  At least I wasn't messy.
My last roommate and I didn't share a room but we did share an extremely tiny apartment and bathroom in 5 points.  That was probably the most fun I have ever had living with someone even though I didn't realize it at the time.  She is my best friend and I'm not really sure if that happened before or after we lived together.  While we were in that matchbox apartment we always said we needed more space but after we moved to a bigger place, I think we both kind of missed it.  I will never forget all of our nights getting dolled up to go to a dance, gymnastic activities gone awry causing damage to more than one towel rack, and all the stories and laughs we shared at that bathroom sink. :)

2. How many names do you/your children have? (i.e. Prince Charming William Phillip Arthur Louis John Jacob Jingleheimer-Schmidt)
We don't have kids yet but we do have 2 dogs.  Our first one is the only one with the long name and even that isn't very impressive.  Doctor Heathcliff Huxtable Houdini Watts.  Right now he is at five. The good thing about a dog name is that you can keep adding to it for as long as you like. We have had him for a year during which time the Houdini has been added.  This dog can escape from ANYTHING in no time flat. Just last night we were chasing him around the neighborhood after he escaped from our yard to the neighbors fenced yard and from there to the freedom of the neighborhood in about 30 minutes.  For our sakes, I hope we don't feel the need to add any more names like that!

3. Did you watch the Royal Wedding?
I didn't watch the wedding but I did see their balcony appearance.  I also checked for new pictures every five minutes while at work that day.  Something about those hats just mesmerised me. 

4. What is the messiest room in your house?
Our bedroom is probably the messiest.  It looks sort of like a clothes bomb has gone off in there.  That room gets seriously neglected because it is the one room I can shut guests out of without feeling badly about it.  Consequently, it is always last on my list to clean and since I am always running out of that, it often gets cut.  I have been making a better effort to keep it tidy though because having it so messy drives me nuts!

5. What is your ideal mothers day?
I'm not a mother yet, but my ideal mothers day in the past was spending the afternoon at my grandparents.  Both my grandmothers were amazing women and I miss those days very much. Now, I am the one in charge of mothers day in my family.  Last year I made a dinner for my mom and I had a great time preparing a celebration in her honor.  Thinking about all she has done for me, one day doesn't seem like nearly enough to say thank you for it.

1 comment:

State of Grace said...

So, I just realized that I commented on this like last week, but obviously, my post didn't work. Basically, it just said that you were my favorite roomie too!! I do miss those 'getting ready' hours by our shared sinks. It's just not the same with husbands, huh? Our routine is way longer than a quick tooth brush and maybe a brush through the hair! haha