Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Vacation Snapshots

A few weeks ago Cory and I spent a few days with my grandparents (Papa and his wife Ms. Anne/Nana) in Litchfield.  We had the absolute best time!
Our view at dinner the first night.  After giving us a ride on his spiffy new golf cart, my Papa took us to dinner at Creek Ratz in Murrels Inlet.  
Honestly, my Papa is one of the funniest people I know.  He is a huge people watcher and always points out funny things when we are walking.  He saw these bikers and told Nana "Annie, that's what we are going to look like next year." He wants a Harley so much.  Whether or not he actually gets one is yet to be seen.  He has gone as far as bringing home the brochures so you never know.
What a catch!  The fish is cool too. ;)
Shadows on the boardwalk.
It wouldn't be a vacation without silly faces by Cory.  I have about 10 different versions of this.
Cory and me after going to church on Mother's Day. I think this is the only picture I took of both of us.
Cory fishing at the dock.
Cory and Nana trying to unhook a fish.
Isn't my Papa the cutest?!
First catfish Cory caught at the river!
You should have heard this thing!  It sounds crazy!  It was so fun to share catfishing with Cory.  It was one of my favorite things to do with Papa as a little girl.
My cousin Savannah had a baton recital while we were there so we got to see her preform for the first time.  She is the tiny one in the front who is totally into it.  :) 
My first ever fried catfish!  We had Cory's parents over to dinner the night we got back and they loved it.
I also made this yummy catfish chowder.  

I wish I had taken more pictures but I left my battery at the house a couple of times.  Oh well, I still have the memories! :)

1 comment:

Liz Ann said...

Oh yay! I found y'alls blog. It seems like married life is treating y'all well. I love how silly you two guys are. You couldn't make a better couple