Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Progress

When I start a progect, I am already wanting it to be done. Immediately. It is part of the reason I'm so good at my job(This is how I justify this personality trait as a semi-good thing:)). I hate having things hanging over my head that are undone. It makes me feel like I am in some sort of prison. With that said, I realize now that buying a fixer upper does not necessarily mesh that well with my personality; HOWEVER, I'm try to learn how to let it go and celebrate the progress in smaller steps instead of one huge this must be done now or off with your head scenario. :)

This post is about our recent progress on the house. Sometime it seems very slow going because we are so busy and what renovation takes the most is time, which we don't have a lot of. A couple of weekends ago Cory's dad came over and helped him rebuild the railing on our front steps. There were some overgrown bushes next to it that kept a lot of moisture on the wood so it started to sag. When we took down said bushes in September, the railing all but came down with them. Over the months since, more and more of the post in the railings have come loose and been literally blown off by the wind. It is all now fixed and I'm so excited! All that is left to do now is wait for the wood to dry out and repaint! It has been so wet lately that I haven't been able to get any pictures. It started raining when they were finishing up and hasn't stopped for long since. I finally got some last night so here they are!

Before:
After!
I had a little flag on my flag pole but the wind blew it off and into the neighbor's yard within the first hour. Boo wind. But yay fixed railing! Now I can't wait to paint! :)

1 comment:

Madison Benson said...

It looks great! How fun to have a house you can build and work on together!