Friday, April 15, 2011

Why My Thursday Was Awesome

Thursday I had an awesome day. Here are some reasons why:

1. Everyone smiled at me. Seriously, I felt like I had a sign on my head that said "Give me a huge smile and you may win 100 dollars." There was serious smiling going on by random people at work I don't know, both grocery store cashiers I encountered (Publix:typical; Food Lion: Hit or miss), the guys bagging my groceries, random shirtless skateboarder in the parking garage....You get the picture. Basically, that in itself was awesome but it gets better (if you can believe it!)

2. Both things I went into Publix to get for lunch were on sale. I love when that happens.

3. I remembered that I didn't have any spoons in my office BEFORE I left the store. When you buy something that requires a utensil (yogurt for me) and then get back to work and realize you do not have said utensil, it is the worst. Sadly, I know this from experience.

4. I started a new project at work that is all kinds of fun. It is an extremely nerdy kind of fun but what can I say? I'm a nerd so I will take it!

5. I got home early from work and Cory and I went to Rush's for dinner. I LOVE cheeseburgers. I'm talking "I have it on a t-shirt" kind of love. It was super yummy!

6. We had a Relief Society sewing activity making pages for quiet books we will be donating to an orphanage. It was fun but I realize that I should probably start now if I ever want my kids to have something like that. Good news: I actually feel inspired to start.

7. Even though I volunteered for the task, my sweet husband used his much better drawing skills to help me draw faces on bears we had cut out for one of the pages.

8. Bones! It is my favorite TV show and basically the only one I watch on a regular basis. Cory thinks it is a little silly and a lot gross sometimes but he still watches it with me and isn't too bad with the commentary. I just love it though and am happy he is willing to endulge me!

Anyway, it was such an extraordinarily fabulous day I felt like I needed to write it down for those not so fabulous days. Sometimes you just need a reminder that days like this DO exist! :)

1 comment:

State of Grace said...

That day DOES sound awesome!! The only thing that could have made it better was if you got to see ME! haha. Also, i'm jealous of your quiet books...I totally want one! You'll have to teach me how to make it!