Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Queen of the Grill



Last year I bought Cory a gas grill for his birthday. Let me tell you, I think that was one of my top five decisions of all time. In all the time we have had it, Cory has used it about a million times to make us super yummy dinners. I, on the other hand, haven't used it at all. Until Monday night, that is. He always jokes with me about going and using the grill because he knows I am sort of afraid of it. Dealing with anything flamable has never been my thing. Well, Monday I surprised him (and myself a little)by saying I wanted to learn how to use it and make us hamburgers. He dutifully showed me how to do everything and watched over my cooking. He is actually an awesome teacher, much better than me. I always want to take over and sometimes literally have to clasp my hands together because they are just ITCHING to do it. He was very patient and let me do everything myself, which I love. I did rather well, if I do say so myself. I manged to not drop the burgers on the ground or burn them up. I think he was pretty impressed because he didn't even protest when I named myself "Queen of the Grill." :)

Until I tripped, flinging my spatula across the garage. He laughed and promptly demoted me. Oh well, I guess I still have more training to do!

No comments: