Monday, April 11, 2011

Sesqui!

This weekend Cory and I went to Sesquicentennial State Park to go kayaking. It is only about 5 minutes from our house but it was the first time we have been since we moved here. It was a gorgeous day and we had such a fun time! The lake is pretty small, only about 30 acres, but it was a nice refresher since we didn't go at all last year. Before we left we had a race "around the island and back to the shore." Cory said I sounded like a pirate when I challenged him. I should have taken advantage of him laughing to get a head start but I didn't so of course I lost. My only hope was that one of the geese on the island would start to chase him or something which probably would have made him go faster and win by even more so oh well! I still like to race even if the chances I will actually win are slim to none. :)
It is nice to have somewhere to go that is really close. We are thinking of buying the Palmetto Pass that lets you into any state park that charges admission for $50 a year. The best part is that it applies to your car, not just the people who bought it so we could take people with us, which would be fun.
Here are a couple of pictures I took. I didn't take the camera on the lake because this was our test run for everything. Meaning: Cory knows how clumsy I am and wanted to make sure I didn't end up in the lake before risking the camera. Well, I passed with flying colors!

The Kayaks loaded up and ready to go!

After kayaking.


2 comments:

mary had a... said...

yay! you two are so fuN!!

Layne Stalvey said...

You guys are so adventurous! We love to be outside and go walking etc, but we are totally uncoordinated and I feel like the Stalvey's on the same outing would have not had such a positive time. Picture: flipping over, denting the car with the kayak, accidentally being bitten by a goose....it would have been tragic. Super jealous of your capabilities and fun! ;)