Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thrifting

Cory and my first date was to the thrift store.  I had never been to a thrift store in my life at the time but we have made it into sort of a tradition now.  It is really fun to have things in mind you are looking for and find them for a great deal.  That doesn't always happen, but luckily for me it did on Saturday morning.  We woke up early to get a good start on the day and headed out.  My biggest goal was to find some cute plates for a plate wall I am doing in the kitchen.  When I am done collecting, I'm hoping to make it look something like this:
These are the plates I found on Saturday:
They are sort of a plain collection right now.  I'm probably going to have to branch out a little to add more exciting ones to the mix. We stopped by Marshalls as well but they really didn't have anything I loved and if I'm going to spend more than a dollar on it, I want to love it.
Total on my plates: 4.25

One of my very bestest friends bought me a picture frame just like this a few years ago.  A few months ago, someone knocked it off my kitchen counter and shattered it into a million pieces.   I was really upset about it, although I didn't say so because as a clumsy person, I know how badly you feel when you break something.  Usually in my case it is something of my own so I'm at liberty to be frustrated about it; however, this time I just smiled and swept up the pieces assuring the other person I totally understood and it was no big deal, which really, it wasn't.  Well, I got my reward for being so nice.  I found this barely used one for 50 cents at one of the thrift stores we went to.  It even still had the little plastic covering on the metal parts so it wasn't scratched! Talk about exciting! :)
Replacement picture frame: .50
I like everything to have a place.  That includes my sponges.  They have driven me crazy just sitting there on the side of the sink looking so forlorn and without a home.  Homeless sponges!  Can you imagine having those living in your house?!  I have been searching for a while for a little home for the them and finally stumbled upon this little milk glass candy dish.  It is just perfect!  Now my sponges and and I are both very happy! :)
Sponge House: 1.50

We had such a fun time and it was great to find so many things I wanted for such an awesome price.  I can't wait to see what we find next time!
Grand Total: 6.25.  

1 comment:

Niki said...

Hahaha! Homeless sponges! You're too silly. I love a good thrift find :)